Sunday, October 12, 2008

Douchebags


I have remained silent on this disturbing trend long enough.

Over the past summer, I watched, in abject horror, the latest fashion "trend" promulgated by the rag trade and foisted upon the torsos of straight males across this great land of ours.

I refer, of course, to the "square-cut tank top"

It became the casual wear of choice for a certain sub-set of the population, those that I and several respected demographers refer to as the "douchebag". From the Latin douchebaggus vulgaris, a descriptive term for a certain subset of the plebescite who sported short togas, blow-out hairstyles and were inordinately fond of tanning, the Modern Douchebag is a direct descendant of the original, sartorially speaking.

3 comments:

Moira said...

I know, what is the world coming to?...Square cut tanks and a New Kids On The Block reunion tour....ugh and let's not ignore the economy or Sarah Palin.

Anonymous said...

i saw one of these a few years ago and thought the guy was wearing a girl's tank top. when i realized it was the new "thing" i kind of wanted to kill myself.

Anonymous said...

Oh mah gawd...Almost as bad as the Square Cut Tanks are the super low V-neck T's. More often than not paired with the way-too-much-product blow out hair-do.I've been complaining about them for months! Even if I had the body to make wearing them acceptable...I wouldn't. (shivers)