Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Kah-Lee-Fohn-Yah, here I come


So, it's official. I'll be in Long Beach from 22 Feb to 26 Feb. Excited to see my friend after almost 20 months away from the Golden State. The weather here in CT has been dismal-ish the past 2 weeks or so. Last night snow, followed by freezing rain, then just rain. Lots of rain. The sump pump in the basement is working overtime. (Those of you who have no idea what a sump pump could possibly be... rejoice in your ignorance.)

Less excited to be in SoCal. But one does what one must.

And if you were wondering, the title of this post is my phonetic approximation of California as pronounced by its current Governator. The simple fact that Arnold freakin' Schwarzenegger is the Governor continues to freak my freak. Gray Davis may have had issues... but Kindergarten Cop? Puh-leeze, Gunther.

2 comments:

royfenn said...

C'mon, there are worse places than SoCal. Right?

NeoYankee said...

I'm sure there are - however, I didn't live for 5 years in one of those "worse places", so from my perspective SoCal is it.